COCONUT CRUSTED COD
1 pound cod, cut into 6–8 ounce portions
1/2 cup panko crumbs
1/2 cup shredded coconut (chopped)
1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- half a lime, juice squeezed
1–2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for garnish
- lime wedges for serving
- sweet chili sauce for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Warm the honey in a microwave-safe cup for 15 seconds with a splash of water so it can be easily mixed.
- Combine the honey, lime juice and egg in a small bowl, whisk until honey dissolves. Set aside. Combine the panko crumbs and shredded coconut on a plate or pie dish. Mix and set aside.
- Pat the cod filets dry using a paper towel, season each side with salt and pepper.
- Dip the filets in the egg mixture and then dredge in the coconut/breadcrumb mixture. VARIATION: Add crushed wasabi peas to the coconut/panko mix for an extra kick!
- Bake for 20 minutes. If you would like more toasted coconut, broil on high for an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately sprinkled with cilantro and with lime wedges