Pesto Salmon- A Family Favorite
Total Time: 7 minutes
- Sockeye salmon
- 1-2 tbsp. of pesto per serving of salmon - high quality store bought, or recipe below
- Coconut oil or other oil with a high flash point for searing (avocado oil works nicely too).
- Add oil to a cast iron pan (or skillet of choice) and heat to high.
- Once it's hot, add salmon, skin up, and let sear for 2-3 minutes.
Flip salmon, add pesto, and turn down the heat to medium high and cover. Let cook 3-4 more minutes.
*You can also bake the salmon at 400 for 10-15 minutes, until it flakes. Add pesto before you bake salmon. Remember, sockeye salmon cooks quickly, so check it often to get your desired degree of doneness.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ c. pine nuts or walnuts
- 2/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Combine basil, garlic cloves, and nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the ½ c. of olive oil slowly until smooth. Add salt and pepper. Transfer to a larger bowl and mix in cheese.