Pistachio Baked Salmon on Cedar Planks
Cooking salmon on cedar planks infuses a lush, smokey flavor. Add this delicious and easy to make pistachio topping for a super healthy, easy dinner.
- 1 large fillet of salmon (approx. 2 lbs.) cut into 2" pieces, skin on
- 1.5 cups shelled pistachios (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- cedar planks
- Put cedar planks in water and soak at least an hour or more
- Preheat oven to 400
- Process pistachios in a food processor until coursely chopped. In a bowl, mix pistachios with oil.
- Place wet planks on baking dish. Place salmon on soaked planks and ciover with pistachio/oil mixture, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Do not overbake! Salmon will continue cooking out of the oven.