This simple recipe for baked salmon with tomatoes comes from my friend Natalia. She isn't specific with measurements, so if you really like tomatoes, add lots of tomatoes! If you really like garlic, add lots of garlic. You can't really go wrong with these simple ingredients.
- Wild Alaska Salmon fillet
- Lemon, thinly sliced
- Tomato, thinly slices
- Garlic, minced
- Olive Oil
- Aluminum foil
- Make a mixture of the garlic and olive oil and let it sit for some time so the oil absorbs the garlic flavor.
- Cut 2 pieces of foil, make them overlap at a middle point and make sure that you have enough to wrap the foil in the end
- Brush a little of the olive oil/garlic mixture onto the foil
- Place the tomato slices on top of the salmon
- Brush the rest of the olive oil/garlic mixture on top of the salmon, making sure that it covers the entire piece
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top and then lay the lemon slices on top
- Seal the ends of the foil to make a pouch, with the salmon in the middle. Don't make it too tight because you want some space inside for the juices to stay to moisten the fish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes